It’s fair to say that most of us have shopped online for something at some point. But there is a big difference between ordering online your favorite mascara vs. buying online solid gold jewelry that will last a lifetime. So let us help you out! In order to say yes to precious gold jewelry from an online store, you need to feel comfortable and assured that you are making the right decision. See below for a list of the top queries we receive on a regular basis with respect to shopping on Auvere.com and our responses to each.
I own pieces in 10, 14, and 18 karat gold but have never purchased 22 karat gold jewelry or 24 karat gold jewelry. What’s the difference?
22 and 24 karat gold are the purest forms of gold used for jewelry. 22 karat gold is 91.67% pure gold, and 24 karat gold is 99.99% pure gold. A piece of jewelry in 10 karat gold carries the lowest amount of real gold that may be legally sold as gold in the United States (in the UK, it’s 9 karats). 10 karat gold contains 41.7% gold. 10 karat is alloyed with other less precious metals such as silver, copper, and nickel. 14 and 18 karat are the most common rates of gold in the United States. 14 karat gold jewelry contains 58.3% pure gold and 18 karat gold jewelry contains 75% pure gold. They are also alloyed with other metals, which has the advantage of making them very durable. But 22 and 24 karat gold are incomparable in their rich, yellow hue and lustrous feel. Read more about the difference in gold rates right here.
What’s the best way to care for 22 and 24 karat gold jewelry? Do they tarnish?
Caring for your 22 and 24 karat gold jewelry is simple. Once you turn these easy guidelines into habits, your pieces should remain in tip-top shape for a very long time.
- Remove your rings and bracelets before washing your hands. It’s best to keep soap, perfume, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, and other abrasive chemicals that live in cosmetics and detergents away from your jewelry.
- Don’t wear your 22 and 24 karat gold jewelry while exercising. As pretty as these pieces are, it’s best to keep them free of sweat while working out. The same is true for any pool or Jacuzzi time. Chlorine and gold are not friends.
- When you take off your pieces at the end of the day, store them separately from other jewelry to avoid scratching and tangled chains.
- 24 karat gold jewelry will not tarnish. Because 24 karat gold is pure, it does not react to oxygen the same way alloyed metals do. It is possible for 22 karat gold to tarnish because it is alloyed with silver; however, we use Argentium silver, which reduces that likelihood. This type of silver is purer than sterling silver and does not tarnish or blacken easily. It is also naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
For more information on how to care for your Auvere jewelry, click here.
How do I select the correct size? And what happens if the piece I have ordered does not fit?
See below for some suggestions to assist you in choosing the size that fits you.
- Proportion. All of our jewelry is photographed on a model to help you to gauge proportion as well as style.
- Necklace and Bracelet sizes. Almost all of our necklaces are adjustable and may be worn at 16, 18, 20, and 22 inches depending on the style. The same goes for our bracelets, which are measured by diameter and are generally adjustable among the following sizes depending on style: extra small (55 mm diameter), small (60 mm diameter), medium (65 mm diameter), large (70 mm diameter) and extra large (75 mm diameter).
- How to determine your ring size. Our rings sizes are based on US sizing standards. If you cannot find your ring size, we can make your size on a special order basis. Please note that special orders are final sale and may not be returned. Click here for suggestions on how to determine your ring size. You may also request one of our nifty ring sizers.
- Your new Auvere jewelry does not fit. If you have received your jewelry, but it does not fit, please call Auvere’s customer support at +1 866-317-7779 or email us at email@example.com. We would be happy to arrange for a return or exchange provided that our polices regarding the same have been met or place a special order for your particular size.
- Read more about sizing. Visit our Jewelry Sizing page.
What are Auvere’s shipping protocols?
All orders are processed and shipped within 2 to 3 business days from the date on which payment has been received. We ship with Fedex and offer two ways of shipping your order: (a) two-day express Free Standard Shipping; and (b) Next-Day shipping for a flat rate of $35. We insure every package during transit to you, and once your order has shipped, we provide you with a tracking number. For more information bout our shipping and return policies, please click here.
What is Auvere’s return policy?
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will accept a return (or an exchange) within 30 days of receipt of your order. We offer this service free of charge provided that all pieces are returned in their original condition, unworn and unaltered with all tags and stickers attached. All jewelry must be returned in its original Auvere box and pouch. To learn more about our shipping and return policies, please click here.
Are Auvere’s materials responsibly sourced?
- Gold. Our gold is supplied from two leading refineries based in Switzerland (Valcambi, S.A.) and Japan (Asahi). Both companies source virgin gold and recycled gold and ensure that all gold solid by them is conflict-free in compliance with international industry standards and laws.
- Diamonds and colored gemstones. In the past year, Auvere has expanded its offerings to include gold jewelry with diamonds and colored gemstones such as rubies, sapphires, and turquoise. Our diamonds are natural and are sourced from conflict-free mines and adhere to the Kimberley Process. The colored gemstones Auvere uses are supplied by trusted industry resources. For more information about our efforts to source gold and gemstones responsibly, please click here.
Where is Auvere’s jewelry made?
Every piece of Auvere jewelry is handmade by our highly skilled artisan partner teams in NYC and Jaipur, India. Our New York City-based partners handcraft all of our 24 karat gold pieces. All of Auvere’s 22 karat gold pieces are made by our partners in Jaipur, India — a place known for the craftsmanship of fine jewelry.
Is the jewelry stamped 22k or 24k gold, as the case may be?
We stamp each piece with the applicable designation of purity — 22K or 24K.
I’m buying a gift. Do you have suggestions for selecting the right gift?
Check out our gift guides for suggestions and guidelines on giving gifts.
How long has Auvere been in business?
Auvere was launched in October 2017 and was founded by Steven M. Feldman and Gina Feldman Love.
Can I buy your jewelry in any stores, or is it only available online?
Auvere gold jewelry is currently only available through our website, auvere.com.